Saturday 7 July 2018

Love can heal .. heal yourself

The only healing energy in this universe is love .. "Unconditional love" ... 
Rest everything is an excuse and a medium..

Yesterday I was in Rameswaram, somehow I am drawn by it's serenity and secondly, I had to immerse my Mom's ashes. So as soon as I reached Rameswaram I checked into the hotel and the first thing I did was to take the ashes and walk down away from the hustle-bustle of the temple into the loneliness and serenity of the sea.

As I walked across the shore .. waves lapping on my feet I saw a fish.. I thought it was dead .. one of the remnants of fishermen's booty which might have spilled over. 
I picked it up and saw it was breathing slowly .. may be it's last..

I felt pity for it .. and suddenly I noticed one side of its face was swollen. And I remembered something...

My mom .. she had cancer on her left face and it was also swollen. As I held the fish wondering what I could do to save it , I could feel the same helplessness which I felt when I had embraced my mom, the helplessness in front of death ...



Feeling sad I just blessed it and put it back in the sea.. wishing it recovers ..

I went further and found the right spot to immerse the ashes .. and as I immersed it, I just asked for forgiveness from my mom and gave forgiveness to her for any grudges I had held... Sigh....

I sat there for an hour or so absorbing the sea .. intermittently the fish catching birds swooning into the sea to catch fish .. and a white and black eagle perched on top of the tree looking for an opportunity to hunt.. 



As I walked back along the shores I wondered what would have happened to that fish ..
And lo and behold I found the fish .. I don't know if it was the same fish but it looked very similar except that the lump was missing .. but it was also breathing it's last .. having pity on it I threw it also in the sea ..

I walked back but my memory was still stuck up at the fish .. 

Sudden impulse took over and I walked back to find the fish .. I found it floating almost dead few meters inside the sea .. I waded myself inside the sea to pick it up and bring to the shore... 

Not knowing what to do I just started caressing it .. slowly slowly I raised the intention to heal giving it love .. I observed that as I patted it .. it started to flutter it's fins which were motionless till now and struggling.. enthused I stroked it more and more, it started vibrating it's fins more and waging it's tail ..

Life had come back into the fish and it slipped into the sea .. 

I felt overwhelmed.. my feelings were beyond the limitations of our thought process ..

Relearnt a big lesson ..
Unconditional love heals everything... Can even bring life back ...

Though couldn't shoot the whole incident since it was unplanned.. posting a few shots ...
Maybe my mom's soul had come to me to say "Spread the word that unconditional love heals everything" ...
#BodyMindSoul 




7 comments:

  1. So touching, I wish I also could have accompanied you to Rameshwaram.... Touched and patted the fish....... :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful , beautiful ,, no words to describe.rip aunty ji. And happy to know the fish lived again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do beautiful bhaiya.. no words to describe.. I felt myself standing there with you watching all this.. incredible power of love. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. A kind soul helped the other. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed,selfless love can do wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Soul touching article Arun.It looks as as I am also witnessing the scene. Your are Gem and find myself lucky to be part of your whatsapp group.May all living be blessed with love

    ReplyDelete